Premier coffee at the touch of a button: let the Miele CM5500 delight your tastebuds. Compact and full-featured, the CM5500 packs in programming that belies its pricepoint—including coffee pot brewing, one-touch controls, and over 8 unique drink presets. The CM5500 also improves on the features of the lesser CM5300, adding programmable drink menus for two, and a center-mounted hot water spout for its custom Americano drink option. All this convenience-focused functionality pairs perfectly with the 5500’s soft bronze coloring and minimalist case shape, ensuring this best-in-class super-automatic fits in any kitchen.
- Compact Superautomatic: A tiny 9.5×18 footprint, the CM5500 will fit on any kitchen counter.
- Automatic Milk Frothing: Latte’s are as easy as dropping the end of the milk hose in a cup of milk—the 5500 handles the rest.
- Drink Profiles: Two programmable drink profiles lets you save unique drinks for each user.
- Carafe Mode: Unique to Miele superautomatics, this mode lets you brew up to 40 ounces of coffee at once.
- Hot Water Spout: An integrated hot water spout handles Americanos or tea at a touch.
- Self-Cleaning: Automatic monitoring alerts you when its time to descale or deep-clean your milk system.
- Good Coffee: As far as superautomatics go, the Miele 5500 makes excellent espresso and milk drinks.
- One-Touch: There’s nothing quite like getting that perfect latte with a single tap of the screen.
- Features Found: The addition of custom profiles and a hot water spout make the CM5500 an easy choice over the feature-less 5300.
- Small Storage: Both bean hopper and reservoir are small in capacity (to fit in such a petite form factor), you’ll be refilling both regularly.
- Milk System
- Model Number
- Product Weight (lbs.)
Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Profiles, Shot Time
- Case Material
- Boiler Material
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
- Cup Clearance
Adjustable: 3 to 5 inches
- Reservoir Size
- Cup Tray
- Warm Up: Brew Time
- Boiler Design
- Water Sources
- Auto Shut Off
- Auto On
- Bean Hopper Capacity
- Bypass Doser
Metal and Plastic
What it Covers: Miele espresso machines
Length: 2 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Miele
Care and Maintenance
- Soap out reservoir and drip tray weekly.
- Follow manual and on-screen instructions for descaling, milk and coffee system cleaning.
- Remove and hand-wash dispenser head weekly.
Miele brings the same quality found in their wide range of appliances and other products to their espresso machines. Tools like full pot brewing and multiple user profiles that you can save your drinks to allow everyone in your household to get exactly the drink that they want quickly and easily. This means with just the press of a button, you can enjoy great tasting coffee, lattés, and more.